Saw this great article at Ladner Business Asssociation’s website:
HOW THIEVES GET YOUR IDENTITY:
- Dumpster Diving—Going through your trash.
- Skimming—Storing your credit card number in a special storage device when processing your card.
- Phishing—Pretending to be a financial institution and sending scam alerts to get your personal information.
- Changing Your Address—Completing a change of address form to get your mail and personal statements.
- Stealing—Taking your purse, wallet, mail, pre-approved credit cards, new checks, personnel files from work, or tax information.
For tips on how to prevent identity theft check out their article @ LBA’s Identity Theft Weekly Tips