These days we need passwords for everything. It is extremely hard to keep track of all the different passwords we have. Often people fall into the trap of using the same password on all the sites frequented. This is a very risky thing to do as one compromised website will give hackers the keys to all websites that you use that password on.
Here are some easy to remember tips to password security
- Do not use regular words that can be found in the dictionary.
- Do not use names of family members, pets, addresses etc.
- Never use information like birthday dates in your password.
- Always ensure passwords are 8 characters or longer
- Always use a combination of upper case & lower case letters as well as numbers & symbols
- Do not use Password as a Password!